I hope that you are having a good week. I have started raking around my house and let me tell you wheew! The old tree that I am slowly getting rid of has a few limbs falling and then the other trees are starting to shed their leaves. I can not wait for the first few frosts to totally get rid of most of the leaves. I do not mind a few leaves but the majority will end up in my compost pile. What work do you do outside in the fall?
1. Go for a walk and take in the autumn air. Enjoy the sound of leaves underneath your shoes.
2. Have a photo-shoot among the falling leaves.
3. Collect golden autumn leaves and use them to decorate your dinner table, windowsills, or any other surface you choose.
4. Rake a giant pile of leaves, take a few steps back, run, and jump in! End up lying on the ground, face up, watching the leaves fall from the trees, and the clear blue sky beyond.
5. Spend a Sunday afternoon doing nothing but watching football and eating chili.
6. Go on a hayride. Choose between horse and buggy or a truck-driven hayride.
7. Bake cookies shaped like autumn leaves.
8. Attend a Fall Festival.
9. Visit a pumpkin patch and choose several pumpkins to take home.
10. Bake an apple pie–with a flaky, light, delicious crust–from scratch.
11. Enjoy some apple cider. Get yourself a warm mug of cider and sit out on the porch or balcony when it’s cool out.
What’s on your to do list?
I had to tell my mom no yesterday. I felt bad about it but I was tired and did not want to drive 3 hours for one night. Money is tight this month and I want to see her later in the month for 2 days. I feel bad but I know that I made the right choice. I am getting over being sick and I do not want her or my dad to get what I have.
I have learned that saying no is not always a bad thing. By accepting that you have limits it can cause you to have freedom that you would not have otherwise. I am excited to see what God wants me to learn in the next few weeks.
Matthew 5:37 New King James Version (NKJV)37 But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.